Top Stories

The Cold Splash of Reality

I just want to share what happened to me earlier on the jeepney. I was sitting across from a female student who was holding a small cup with some juice in it. There wasn’t much left, but she hadn’t thrown it away yet. As we were traveling, I noticed that her grip on the cup was changing. Her hair was falling over her face, and she looked like she was headbanging. It turned out she was falling asleep. Gradually, the cup started to tilt… just a little more and the juice would spill… a couple more sudden stops and it would definitely spill… and then, the jeepney suddenly braked, and the juice spilled. Some of it splashed onto her foot, and she woke up immediately. I was almost shocked to see that happen!
It made me realize that some people won’t wake up to reality until they feel the cold splash of truth. Just like how she didn’t wake up until the cold juice spilled on her, some people won’t realize they’ve been deceived until they feel the coldness of betrayal. If they don’t become cold towards you, you might not realize that they’ve been fooling you all along.

No comments

What do you think of this post? Please leave a comment.