Top Stories

The Unexpected Orange Encounter

I and my friends decided to take a break from our busy schedule. I slipped into my orange t-shirt I bought from Bench, feeling the soft fabric against my skin. The vibrant color seemed to match my upbeat mood perfectly. With a sense of anticipation, We headed to our favorite coffee shop in Kapitolyo Pasig, Bistro Rooftop by Leblanc, a cozy little place known for its aromatic brews and relaxing ambiance.

As I pushed open the door, the familiar scent of freshly ground coffee beans greeted me. I smiled, already feeling more at ease. I ordered my usual—a caramel macchiato—and found a comfortable spot by the window. The sunlight streamed in, casting a warm glow over the room. I took a sip of my drink, savoring the rich, sweet flavor.

Just as I were about to open my phone, I noticed something unusual. More and more people were entering the café, and they were all wearing orange t-shirts. At first, I thought it was a coincidence, but the sheer number of orange-clad individuals made me curious.

I overheard snippets of conversation and realized that a Shopee event was about to take place right there in the café. The attendees, all dressed in orange, were buzzing with excitement. I couldn’t help but chuckle at the serendipity of it all. 

A friendly Shopee representative approached me, mistaking me for one of the event participants. “Welcome to the Shopee event! We’re thrilled to have you here. Would you like to join us for some fun activities and giveaways?” I said "Ayyy--hindi po ako kasali sa inyo" I replied with a grin. They said "hala sorry po" and we both laugh. Even the crew laughed too. I thought, of all the colors, why did I have to wear orange? Haha. No wonder the crew was so attentive to me when I arrived at the café; they thought I was from Shopee.


My friends couldn’t stop laughing at the coincidence, but they were also thrilled to see me having such a great time. “Looks like you were meant to be here,” one of them teased. I was not embarrassed nor surprised when they mistook me for one of the event participants; instead, I found the whole situation quite amusing and just enjoy the night. The other shopee participants were wondering why I was sitting at a separate table from them and they were calling me. I just smiled because I was too tired to explain, haha. We also ordered Margarita drinks while listening to the very good live band.

What started as a simple coffee break had transformed into an unforgettable experience. And as we walked home, still wearing my orange t-shirt, I couldn’t help but think that sometimes, the best moments in life are the ones you never see coming. 

No comments

What do you think of this post? Please leave a comment.