The 1604 Billboard House in Bagong Ilog
Yesterday, after finishing my graveyard shift in BGC, I was on my way home. Traffic was heavy along C-5, and while waiting, my eyes caught something unusual - an old house in Bagong llog, Pasig City.
At first, I thought it was a very old ancestral home, maybe even built in 1604. The big billboard frame above it made the sight even stranger, like history and modern advertising colliding in one place.
Out of curiosity, I tried to search online for details about the house. But I couldn’t find any information at all. No articles, no heritage records, nothing. That made me even more curious.
Later, I realized the “1604” I saw was not the year it was built. It was actually part of the address and postal code written on the gate. I even Googled it to be sure, and found out that the official postal code for Barangay Bagong Ilog is 1600, while 1604 belongs to Barangay Ugong.
According to what I read online, the reason this house uses 1604 is because it sits right along the C‑5 Road corridor, which overlaps with Ugong’s boundary. The Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost) grouped this area under the 1604 routing hub for faster mail and delivery sorting. So, the number 1604 isn’t a year, it’s a postal code used for convenience in deliveries.
The house itself is maybe not from the Spanish era. Based on its design, arched windows, stucco walls, and brick accents, it was probably built around the 1950s to 1970s, with some renovations in the 1980s.
Seeing this house amazed me, how can a mid‑century home carry such a large steel billboard structure on top of it? It shows both the strength of the building and the way Pasig has changed over time.
Do you also notice this house when you pass by?



No comments
What do you think of this post? Please leave a comment.