Top Stories

Faith Through Rejection: A Journey of Trust

Lately, I’ve encountered numerous setbacks and rejections. Despite my best efforts to reach certain goals or be in specific places, if it’s not aligned with God’s plan for me, it simply won’t happen. It’s vital to have faith in His wisdom, understanding that He has a magnificent plan for each of us. He will guide us to where we truly belong at the right time. If something isn’t meant for us or if we’re not prepared for it, He won’t grant it to us. Embracing patience and trusting in His timing is essential as we wait for what is truly destined for us.

Last week, I was feeling a lot of self-doubt and uncertainty about my future. My friend Reylan and I decided to visit the St. Pio of Pietrelcina Chapel in Quezon City together. This is one of my favorite places to visit when I want to pray alone and seek guidance. I prayed earnestly for something very important to happen in my life. I also prayed for my mama and tatay’s health, for my brothers, and for my friend Trixie, who lost her mother on August 7, 2024, to find comfort and strength during this difficult time. In the Adoration Chapel, I prayed fervently and lit a candle. My heart was filled with joy and peace from being able to visit this sacred place. My prayers have never gone unanswered there.

Five days later, one of my prayers was answered, and my heart is overflowing with happiness and gratitude. My faith in God remains unwavering. Exactly a week ago today, Reylan and I returned to the chapel to say thank you for answering my prayer. I am deeply grateful for His blessings. I continue to pray for guidance in all my decisions and the paths I take. I also prayed once more for my mama and tatay’s well-being.



Rejection can be really hard to deal with, especially when it keeps happening. It’s natural to feel sad, but it’s important to remember that every setback is a setup for a bigger comeback. Each rejection is a redirection, guiding us towards the path that is truly meant for us.

In these moments, it’s important to think about our experiences and see them as part of a bigger picture. God’s timing is perfect, and His plans are always for our good. Sometimes, what we see as rejection is actually God’s way of protecting us from something that isn’t right for us at that moment.

Maintaining faith during these times is vital. It’s about believing that there is a purpose behind every “no” we encounter. This faith can be a source of strength, helping us to persevere and remain hopeful. It’s also a reminder that we are not alone in our journey; God is with us every step of the way, guiding and supporting us.

Prayer is a powerful tool in navigating these challenges. It’s not just about asking for what we want but also seeking understanding and peace. Through prayer, we can find comfort and clarity, knowing that God hears us and will answer in His perfect way. I often pray, “God, if I’m pursuing the wrong things, please guide me back on the right path.” This prayer keeps me grounded and receptive to His direction.

Lastly, it’s important to stay positive and keep moving forward. Every experience, whether good or bad, shapes us into who we are meant to be. Embrace the journey, trust in God’s plan, and remain steadfast in your faith. The right opportunities will come at the right time, and they will be worth the wait.


No comments

What do you think of this post? Please leave a comment.